BEVY 2018 Lineup Announced
BEVY’s gone global. Our annual summer group show, true to form, is set to be a knockout. We are so excited to announce this year’s lineup of artists, both local and abroad - a perfect cocktail of playful, vibrant, and socially conscious works. The show opens Saturday, June 2 from 6-9p.
- Andrew Weir
- Beizar Aradini
- Bill Miller
- R. Ellis Orrall
- John Paul Kesling
- Keavy Murphree
- Megan Watkins
- Rachel Wayne
- Sharan Ranshi
- Tara Walters
First Annual Art Gallery Day
On April 14, 2018, the weekend of World Art Day (and Leonardo da Vinci’s birthday) galleries all over Nashville will host special events celebrating local art galleries’ place in Nashville’s thriving creative community. JMG has collaborated with Olivia Leigh Martin to bring you an interactive creative experience based on her exhibition Artifacts of Return. Join us for this art filled day concluding with a signature concert on the porch sponsored by our new neighbors at Jackalope Brewing. Art Gallery Day is free to attend and open to all ages. CLICK HERE to read to article in the Tennessean and HERE to see the full Schedule of events.
Customs House Museum will be celebrating Women's History Month with a special exhibition sponsored in part by Nashville Arts Magazine featuring Julia Martin's Hypnagogic. Located in historic downtown Clarksville, this exhibition will be open through April 1. You can view more details about the exhibition HERE and see the full exhibition line up HERE.
A special Arts & Lunch is scheduled for March 13, 2018. Julia Martin and Nashville Arts Magazine's Paul Polycarpou will discuss this latest body of work. RSVP Here.
Where There’s Weird, There’s a Way
CLICK HERE to read the cover feature on Brett Douglas Hunter by Cat Acree in Issue 68 of Native Magazine.
FOUND With Artist Brett Douglas Hunter
Original Fuzz has named Brett Douglas Hunter the FOUND artist of the month. CLICK HERE to read the full interview in Issue #35.
Julia Martin Gallery is now accepting 2018 artist submissions for the annual summer group show BEVY, exhibiting June 2 - July 28, 2018. All submissions must be completed by April 1, 2018. Apply Here
CLICK HERE to read the feature on Hypnagogic in the January Issue of Nashville Arts Magazine by Noah Saterstrom.
Nashville Painter Julia Martin Delves Into the Subconscious
CLICK HERE to read the feature in the Sunday edition of the Tennessean on JMG, Julia Martin and her solo “Hypnagogic” by Melinda Baker.
CALL FOR ARTISTS: BEVY 2017
Julia Martin Gallery is now accepting 2017 artist submissions for our annual summer group show BEVY.
Only submissions following the guidelines listed below will be considered.
- Please submit 10-15 images of current work. This means we will not accept works created prior to 2016.
- Acceptable files: .jpg files no larger than 1MB each, website link, dropbox link to images.
- NO links to social media (instagram, facebook, tumblr) / Submissions with social media links will be rejected.
- Please submit an Artist Bio
- Please submit your Artist CV
- We are interested in 2D & 3D work only at this time.
- No photography please
- DEADLINE for submissions is April 1st
- Please email submissions to: email@example.com
CALL FOR ARTISTS
Julia Martin Gallery is now accepting artist submissions for the BEVY Summer Group Show Series. JMG is looking for 6 artists for two, 3 person group shows in June and July.
- Please submit 10 - 15 images of current work, or work made after 2014 + Artist Bio/CV
- Acceptable files: .jpg files no larger than 1mb each, website link, dropbox link to images
- Please NO links to social media images (instagram, facebook, tumblr)
- We are accepting 2D, 3D work for this group show, please no photography at this time
- DEADLINE for submissions is April 15
Emerging and mid-career artists welcome
Please send email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org